Cloud SysOps Administrator
The Cloud SysOps Administrator will ensure smooth execution of deployments in Production through pipelines and Atlassian Tools within the AWS cloud environment. This person will primarily be focused on ensuring releases are in place and without any incident involved and provide production support when necessary. Work with SRE and Observability Engineering to provide and analyze historical data to mitigate potential future incidents and identify users for active monitoring of problem resolution processes.
· Provide production support AWS platforms and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) throughout the enterprise while identifying, recording, investigating, and diagnosing problems.
· Support and maintain infrastructure templates as code (IaC) and SW releases/deployments using tools such as AWS CloudFormation, System Manager, EC2, and Atlassian tools.
· Troubleshoot the configuration of servers and cloud resources to ensure they are aligned with best practices and security requirements.
· Support the deployment of complex cloud resources, such as server clusters, virtual networks and cloud services in addition to managing and upgrading IaC making it easy to implement changes and ensure consistency across the environment.
· Maintain CI/CD processes in AWS to enable auto provisioning on development teams while profiling and troubleshooting existing solutions and integrations.
· Deploy and maintain security tooling for monitoring/incident response and ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
· Provide productions support for issue resolution for AWS and IaC cloud infrastructure releases by working closely with application and other teams.
· Perform automated testing of IaC templates to ensure resources are created correctly and maintained in a consistent state.
· Determine underlying causes and prevent incident recurrences, develop workarounds or solutions for incidents and submit change requests to eliminate known problems.
· Escalate to higher expertise levels when needed, integrating with change enablement, incident management, and configuration management.
· Analyze historical data to proactively eliminate potential future incidents and identify users for active monitoring of problem resolution processes.
Education & Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree is required
· Bilingual in English/Spanish (written & verbal) is a must
· 5+ years of experience in Technology areas (Programming, IaC, Cloud Administration, etc.)
· 3+ years of experience with Systems Manager, EC2, VPC
· Strong experience with CloudFormation, CloudWatch and CI/CD is required
· Experience with Git based repositories and Atlassian tools is required
· Certification such as Solutions Architect Associate, AWS Developer Associate, or AWS SysOps Associate are highly preferred