KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Knowledge of database administration processes and database management.
· Knowledge of Stored Procedure.
· Extensive knowledge of databases using SQL Server 2000-2019, SQL DB2, and SharePoint.
· Knowledge of Windows Server, and Linux operating systems.
· Knowledge of data backup and replication products.
· SQL Server 2000-2019, SQL Server, SQL DB2, SharePoint.
· Integration Services, Reporting Services is a plus, is not necessary.
· Knowledge of the active directory (required), and Azure active directory is a plus (not required).
· Knowledge of security patches; service desk support; policy review; control access cards; technical documentation; printing and file storage is a plus.
• Executes maintenance plans on all databases to ensure their best performance
• Configuration Management tool administration.
• Develops metrics, ad hoc reports, and database environment analysis presentations and refers them to management for corresponding actions
• Communicate with 3rd party software or hardware manufacturers as needed to ensure optimal configuration and support.
• Responsible for monitoring server health status.
• Apply security measures and hardening to computing systems.
• Implement recovery procedures to include backup and potential restoration.
• Creates and executes projects to keep the different versions of database engines up to date
• Keeps an inventory of database engine licenses and ensures their best use
• Corrects situations in case of errors or other problems
• Participates in the process of documenting and maintaining the Data Dictionary
• Performs space analysis, growth performance, and database configuration to keep them up and running
• Analyzes and recommends maintenance and monitoring tools
• Makes a thorough assessment of the development area to evaluate and improve the performance of the database servers
• Documents changes made to processes as part of data warehouse maintenance following Department procedures and/or policies
• Documents recurring reports of processes, execution of itineraries, guarding processes, and vulnerable database activities.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering
Minimum 3 years of previous database administration experience in SQL Server
Bilingual (Spanish: Advanced / English: intermediate)