As a JIRA Administrator, you will be supporting and setting up CI/CD pipelines within JIRA instances and administrating JIRA environments such as workflows, security schemes, custom fields, dashboards and reports configurations, among others. This person will be collaborating with cross-functional teams to gather technical/business requirements in addition to interacting with JIRA host partners. Create, maintain and support dashboards and advanced filters for end user reporting capabilities. The ideal person has experience in on-premises to cloud migrations and can understand cloud concepts (Azure, AWS, GPC).
• Create and set up CI/CD pipelines within JIRA instances support JIRA and Confluence administration, including creation and management of custom, complex projects, workflows, security schemes, custom fields, dashboards and reports.
• Lead minor and major JIRA/Confluence upgrades (including communications), schedule and coordinate maintenance, and lead performance tuning/scaling.
• Install, manage and administer JIRA add-ons, plugins, and extensions while adapting XML configuration files in regards to JIRA integration as necessary.
• Meet with stakeholders to identify JIRA Project and Confluence needs and implement them as appropriate while gathering requirements, business process workflows, and process improvement for JIRA/Confluence workflows and processes in place.
• Identify where functionality can/cannot meet user requests and conduct training for employees and new hires on JIRA and Confluence regarding how to use the tools, new functionality, etc.
• Develop and compile training materials based on the department’s needs.
• Create, maintain and support dashboards and advanced filters for end user reporting capabilities.
• Resolve issues as they arise with JIRA Projects interacting with existing vendors for support and troubleshooting, Working with our JIRA instance hosting provider on necessary upgrades and communications with others on planned outages.
Education & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree is required
• 3+ years’ experience within system administration, specifically with JIRA
• Previous experience setting up CI/CD pipelines within JIRA instances
• Understanding of cloud concepts and deployments (Azure, AWS, GPC)
• Previous experience within JIRA and Confluence environments (workflows, security schemes, custom fields, dashboards and reports configurations)
• Experience on-prem to cloud migrations is highly preferred
• Experience installing and updating JIRA plugins using Atlassian SDK is a plus.(.i.e. Rally plugins)