Senior Compliance Officer
Perform ongoing fair lending statistical analysis to identify fair lending risks using programming skills (i.e., Python, Stata), regression analysis, statistical techniques for disparate treatment and impact testing for the enterprise, and exceptions evaluation. The senior compliance officer will also assess variables used in credit and marketing models for potential fair lending risk, among other tasks related to reviews. Stay abreast of changes to federal and applicable state banking laws and regulations affecting the management, operations, and product offering of the enterprise. Collaborate in the assessment of UDAAPs and fair lending risks and recommend actions to be taken and/or controls to be implemented.
• Analyzes risk associated with underwriting, pricing, and servicing using business data and statistical analysis software.
• Identify any interdependencies and trends in data analyses.
• Request and collect documentation to support the analyses.
• Review business models for fair and responsible lending compliance, including both traditional and machine learning/artificial intelligence models.
• Works on projects or additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, (with a strong background in a quantitative field (i.e., Economics, Statistics, Finance, and/or Mathematics) preferred. JD or CRCM is a plus. Programming skills (i.e., Python, Stata), regression analysis.
• At least five (5) years of related experience in compliance, legal, consulting, and/or project management functions.
• At least five (5) years of experience with risk data analysis, data validations, data integration, and business analysis.
• Experience designing/conducting fair lending statistical analysis for a bank or with regulatory compliance is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, R, Word, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge in programming languages and database management
• Excellent organizational skills, able to establish priorities, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to analyze business results, identify issues, and propose potential solutions.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Ability to engage with management, with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills (in both English and Spanish).