Responsible for establishing the definition, design and implementation of the technology capabilities required by the organization. Identifies, designs, defines, implements, and maintains the processes of information systems that allow to improve the convergence of organizational needs and technological solutions. Identifies and implements mechanisms to increase organizational efficiency through the consolidation of technology, incorporates innovation and improvements that increase our competitive advantage.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs the solution design activities in the IS&T department.
- In conjunction with IS&T Management and the business, develops data provisioning strategies and the necessary tools such as OLAP, ETL and / or Dashboards.
- Together with internal customers and development teams, coordinates the identification, design, and implementation of business processes using concepts of SOA, Microservices, Automation, Cloud Services, Integration tools, and processes.
- Consults with management to establish information requirements of the different departments, defines priorities and ensures the integrity of the information.
- Provides recommendations to management on processes, products and / or solutions that help improve the use of systems.
- Supports management by evaluating proposals for technological solutions related to solutions or consulting that can improve the operation.
- Manages other disciplines of lower visibility, but of equal importance such as security, latency and information integrity, integration and interoperability of systems to enable organizational processes inside and outside our facilities, availability of services, and performance of information systems among others.
- Ensures that the best quality practices are applied and complied with in the implemented solutions.
- Ensures that adequate safeguards and security processes are established for the proposed solutions.
- Directs, assists, and takes part in staff meetings and related activities; attends workshops to keep up to date on computer technology issues.
- Helps establish and create relationships with sellers that will add value to the company.
- Defines "Road Maps" that allow to describe the evolution and implementation of the solution and enterprise architecture working in coordination with the project management office, software development area, and infrastructure team to ensure alignment between projects and resources through the rationalization of services, components, and common activities that maximize resource efficiency and capitalize on existing investments.
- Maintains documentation and diagrams of key applications, infrastructure, and processes.
- Minimum 8 years of experience area related to database administration and development of distributed environment applications.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in administration and/or implementation of BI/Datawarehouse projects.
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools and technologies such as OLAP, ETL and Dashboards.
- Experience in application development in JAVA and .NET.
- Experience in creating components for cloud environments such as Microservices, Containers, etc.
- Experience in development tools and integration tools such as WebSphere, among others.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects of varying levels of complexity.
- Ability to work in dynamic environment and ability to make decisions under pressure.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Certifications or licenses such as "CBIP" (Certified Business Intelligence Professional), SOACP (SOA Certified Professional) or TOGAF would be ideal.
- Certifications related to Network or Cloud