Responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of web systems at the enterprise level. Actively participates in the planning, development, and resolution of problems related to the administration of web environments, their applications, and business integrations.
- Responsible for the administration and availability of web systems, including but not limited to web servers (Apache and IIS), application servers (WebSphere Application Servers, WebSphere Portal Server, Tomcat, JBOSS), integration services (WebSphere Process Server), and ftp servers. Responsible for the administration and availability of production systems in charge. Among them HP Exstream and Oracle Insbridge.
- Responsible for the administration and availability of Linux systems and load balancers. It optimizes and is responsible for the good performance of the systems it manages.
- Ensures that the best management practices are carried out in the systems under their responsibility.
- Designs install, configures, provides maintenance, and documents the technologies under his area of responsibility.
- Create the "scripts" at the operating system level for necessary maintenance tasks.
- Defines the backup and recovery strategies of the systems under his charge and ensures that they are being carried out properly.
- Ensures that the components (HW/SW) of the systems are cost-effective and that they are at the forefront of technology.
- Ensures that the systems under its responsibility comply with the licensing rules of all "software" installed on these systems.
- Follows Incident, Problem, and Change Management support processes. It ensures that the changes it makes do not generate interruptions to operations. Identifies opportunities and provides corrective actions within your management area in a prudent time frame.
- Defines performance metrics, plans capacity in the environments under their charge, and is responsible for their proactive monitoring.
- Responsible for the administration and configuration of application performance monitoring systems, such as Dynatrace. Keeps the environments under his charge updated to the most acceptable versions that do not affect the operation of the company.
- Responsible for the administration and configuration of code promotion tools such as Urbancode.
- Responsible for implementing new code in the Production and UAT environments of Web systems. Supports the promotion of code across all environments that support the Web application development cycle.
- Collaborate with audit as needed. Participates in disaster recovery tests and ensures that they successfully meet acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with project managers, systems analysts, and developers as needed. Provides emergency technical support if required by the company. Participates in projects and special tasks, as requested.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience installing, configuring, administering, and maintaining web platforms such as Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere Application Server, IIS, sFTP, DNS, Linux, PRTG, or a combination of education and experience relevant. Experience in managing infrastructure elements, operating systems, security, networks, load balancers, and application performance monitoring systems. Experience supporting On-premises and Cloud environments.
Self-taught ability: maintains up-to-date knowledge of tools, technical processes, and practices to improve the performance of its functions.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.